Sunday, January 29, 2006

I am against Patriarchy and more !

My auntie who lost her daughter about a month back bursted into tears when she entered our house. The last she had come with My cousin when she was alive and both the daughter and mother had a great time, But now My Auntie (Khala) is looking so lonely. And also a bit too contented with her life so contended that it feels that she is tired of her life. Her elder daughter had asked my auntie to stay with her but Khala thinks that it will look odd to live in her daughters' house also she is afraid that My cousins Husband and his family might not like it. But what about humanity, I think " To hell with the world Your daughter and her husband are willing to keep you at there place for a few months so why not, at least you will have the company of your daughter and your grand Children" But I am told I don’t know how things work I really I don’t know how things work and I don’t care a damn how things work all I care is what should be and should not be, there are things which are so wrong and we follow that wrong just for the sake of the people.

I hate people, I hate all those norms and I hate all those customs which make me feel bad and guilty, which make me do wrong which prevent me from doing right.

With Sorrow I have not expressed to any one and an urge to rip apart this cruel system I condemn and appose those who are the followers of the followings Norms


· Only a man and his family members can approach a girls' s family for marriage.
· The man to be married is granted his wish of the amount of money or Business or what ever he wishes for.
· If a girl's family approaches an boy's family it is thought that The Girl must have some fault in her " Larki main Koiee Aab hoo ga "
· Smoking is Taboo for females
· Virginity is only must for females
· If she talks a lot she has no shame
· If she is too sweet spoken she is sweet knife ( Meethee Churee )
· After marriage her parents have no or very little right on her.
· After marriage the daughter of the house is given off to her groom and she is told that "now your dead body will leave your husband's house".
· she is doomed to work as a slave in her husband's house and cant turn professional until her husband is as dead as a door nail.
· Lady is a sandal of foot if she does not fit change it ( Eeerr !! Aren’t you calling your mom a sandal? )
· Lady is an indoor Plant . ( I heard that one On GEO a few days back )
· If a lady is raped it's her fault. If a girl child is raped it's still her fault
· If a female is raped her honor is lost. ( hay how about the criminals Honor ? )

I guess the list is way too bog to finish in one go .. And it is extremely sad that all these elements are a part of our society.

P.S: Ooh God! I feel so good letting all my rage flow through Words!

5 comments:

Sky High said...

Good thig you realized all this before you have a family of your own,treat your wife not as the sole of your shoe but as the strap.

Jamal Ashiqain said...

Why women envision them selves somewhere on men's shoe, When a man and a women get married they commit to live life together and share the chores of their lives equally then why should a women be the upper strap of a shoe why lot a life partner ?

Sky High said...

have you ever come across sarcasm?

Jamal Ashiqain said...

I am a bit edgy about some social issues and I take them very seriously, so seriously that I often take sarcasm as public view, Look at people in Pakistan I am so used to of getting weird public views that I often don’t see sarcasm too clearly :| , but yes, I am wrong.

Sky High said...

yes you are wrong.But I seriously hope and wish that when you get married you remember this particular blog of yours.cheers!