Monday, December 04, 2006

Rain Karachi Rain !

It rained pretty well in Karachi, I enjoyed it and the weather is also cold now :), yeah I hated the power breakdowns but they were not all that bad as it was raining !! :)

I was listening to FM103, I almost never listen to this radio channel but there was no power and my other was not doing very good with batteries FM 89 was not available to me and 91 had Captain Safeguard on it so I switched to anything with clear reception.

After a song or two a caller called in this radio channel and said "our nazims have been saying that everything is in control, ask them to step out of their house, Our houses are flooded with rain water, there is no electricity and the roads are looking like rivers, tell these nazims to stop fooling us"

Then after a while when the electricity was resumed, a caller on a local channel reported that the roof of nazimabad Underpass has collapsed I am not sure if that is true but yes the rains have proven that we do need a water sewage system and we need to learn to make stronger roads..

And I have taken a few snaps of the road near my house, I have sent some to a news paper and will check if they get printed tomorrow if not will upload them too with the rest I will upload on Flickr :)

When ever I say the word Flickr It brings a smile on my face :) ..

No comments: