Friday, September 29, 2006

Doctors and the mess.

My routine is completely changed, Wakin up at 3:00 and after the so needed cup of coffee during the pre dawn breakfast I cant sleep till at least 2 pm, and when I sleep at 2 I wakeup at 5pm and I again stay up till about 1 am. And Right now my head feels like a big Pumpkin ….

My mom needs to see this new Doctor after Ramadan, he has also been recommended by my cousin, the problem is, I personally know him and I don’t feel comfortable popping into his clinic suddenly one day with my mom... It will be like screaming out laud " Hi friend! Look I brought My Mom to be your patient" .. WAAAAaaaa!!! I want to cry like a baby, I want to wear a Big paper bag to the Doc, Or maybe I will get a burqa :( .. Does any one know a book of do and don’ts of the society. I hope I will figure out something till the end of this month.

Well the doctor thing reminded me of something which will make this post huge:
A month ago My mom went for her regular arthritis examination and the doctor recommended her a few new exercises so we went to the physiotherapist's Office situated in the same clinic This physiotherapist is a Mullah, he is a very nice and soft spoken person. The bed which they use for physiotherapy was really dirty ,, he showed a us few excursuses and then asked me to lay down so that he could perform the excursuses on me. "She is the Patient" I said and he replied "she is a lady it doesn’t look nice, You lay down " and I exclaimed softly " Who Me ?! ". And he replied politely " yeah, take off your shoes and lay down " I though * On that dirty thing you call bed, No WAY!! * I Quickly replied in a reflex " Why don’t you lay down !! " Who me!!" he exclaimed , He looked totally confused then after a pause he said "don’t be afraid I am not giving you an injection, you are an educated person, I am not gonna hurt you ". * Ooh it's Not You, It was that filthy BED of yours I was avoiding you ^&%&%* I thought and with a smile I laid down. I drove back as quickly I could from the Clinic and the shower was the first place I stopped when I reached home.
I hate clinics, I hate filthy bedded Clinics.

It's 12:40 already, have to go sleep now need to be up at 3:00 am and have a meeting at 9:30 am .

2 comments:

LoL said...

you should pretend to not know this new doctor, and once you get there be surprised that the new doctor who was recommended turned out to be this guy. and feel proud that your mom will be in the good hands of this doctor, show him this pride and you might end up being better friends than you are right now!

Anonymous said...

Can you call pehle and set up an appointment? That way he'll be expecting you and it won't be awkward at all.