Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Thank you.

Early 1960z Morning 10:00 AM : (Thoughts)
" New year Night Tonight and I don’t have anything decent to wear! from the bounds of this hut I have to go to the dance party as usual, But today I must look different, I must smell Good, I must look Elite. Lets go shopping! But I have only 12 Ruppies in my pocket. "

An hour later at a shop:

I: "Show me those trousers and that blue shirt"
Him: " Jee Sahab"
I: "and give me that matching Coat as well"
Thought: " Looks good "
I: " Ok! lets pack it"
Him: " Acha Jee "

At another Shop :

I: " Show me these boots"
Thought: "will be perfect " .
I: " Ok please pack them "

Back at home: (Thoughts)

" Hmm,, lets iron these , No one will miss me at home tonight, they don’t care, Thank God the dance flour will be all bright and shiny today, *Sigh*

A few hours later at the dance flour:

She: "Mister Ahmed ! You look fabulous today! New Suit for the new year ? "
I: " Yes, Thanks for the compliments"
She: " Shall we dance ? "
I: "Sure "

3 AM in the morning : (Thoughts)

" Hmm .. Will I keep fooling my self with this shallow happiness, and others with old clothes and this cheap sample perfume " *SIGH* " Allah! Please help me"

15 Years later Sunday:

I: " Give me a cup of tea and then we will leave for the zoo "
Wife: " Hey you just had 2 cups, we are getting late"
I: " Just a single cup, then we will leave"
Wife: " Ok just a single Cup "
Son: " Papa we are getting late "
Elder daughter: " yeah papa, lets go "
I: " Ok lets go, leave the tea, Now everyone! Get in the car ! "

While driving to the zoo : (Thought)

" Thank you Allah "

No comments: