Friday, April 28, 2006

Life's fun !

My cat tried to snack on the lizard who was living peacefully in our garden until now, he spotted the little creature right on top of the tube light which was fixed to the wall above the window, My cat jumped on the open window pane and then he carefully placed himself half on the window ledge and half on the tube light. The lizard moved quickly away to the other end of the tube light and as my cat followed he completely shifted his weight on the tube light which sent the fixture and the glass rod crashing to the ground and my cat who was now hanging from the window Jumped to the ground, away from the wreckage. Alerted by the crashing sound I ran to my cat, The lizard by now, was away from his sight and behind a pot. I placed the cat behind the door and cleaned the wreckage, It was evening and I had to get the light fixed as it is the only light source for our garden and front yard, To add to my misery at the electric shop the electrician was not available and another customer (a bank Manager) was waiting for him since an hour to fix the fuse of his house. I bought a florescent lamp (Tube) from there and came back home, I knew I had to place this tube light else where or my cat will surely repeat the scene. I took out my tools and drilled 2 holes in the roof of our car porch, Stuffed the holes with wood plugs, secured the tube light fixture with Screws, wired it and finally fixed the tube to it and turned it on.

In these 2 days
I have been an electrician, A computer wiz (Fixed my uncle's PC), A web designer (have just finished uploading my clients site), A plumber ( Fixed a tap and sealed a year old bullet hole in our water pipe which was used to transfer water to the over head tank), a photographer, a car electrician ( Fixed a new cassette player to our car) , A chief ( I Cooked Chinese) and a junk dealer (A bought an old cattle from another Junk dealer for Rs.10 /=) .

Yeah I know you must be wondering " A BULLET Hole ! " .. I think I will explain it in my next post :) .

No comments: