Tuesday, March 28, 2006

With friends like this !?

Life sucks , sometimes yeah it does..

Someone I knew really came close to me, he was taking admission in NED University to be an architect and as he knew nothing about Art he Started talking help from me, he visited me on daily basis, and I did most of his visual art Assignments, actually all of his visual Arts assignments, His sketching is Horrible, he cant even draw a butterfly, he does not know the difference between 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional. .. So I was helping him out giving him a couple of hours or more daily, But when my father got hurt and most of my time got consumed in helping him out and looking after some of the household work, I had very little time to spent with him, and he instead of helping me out insisted that I write for him, or Complete his home work. And when I told him that I did not get time to have my lunch the whole day and it's already time for my Dinner he argued that that a 4 minute speech will take hardly any time I could squeeze out at least some time for his homework.. The other day he asked me to join him to get some Cartage papers from the art shop, I also had to get my father's medicine so I went out with him, he first went to his apartment and went to the watchman and asked him if he had a Change for a thousand Ruppie when he refused he asked him to again lend him 50 Ruppies (he had taken Rs.50 from the watchman about a month back and had just paid him back). He told him that he will return it when he will be back from the shopping. With this 50 Ruppie note stuffed in his pocket took the driving seat of his car and I accompanied him, we went to this art shop and bought papers and I went to the medical store nearby and bought the medicine I needed, then as usual he asked me if I wanted to have something to eat, well I was feeling a bit hungry so instead of my usual " No " I replied with a "yes lets go to subway" which was very near to this art shop.. I felt that he was a bit surprised at my answer I asked him if it's a problem for him we can skip it or share as I had about 100 left with me after buying the medicine. But he said " No , It’s ok " and I was comfortable with it as I knew he had that Thousand with him .. So we entered the subway where he settled down, he picked up the menu and gave it a good look then he asked how much I had .. I told him I had 100, then he made a phone call to one of his friends and called them at subway, with his replies I noticed that they refused him so he suddenly stood up and asked me follow him, as I came out, he told me that he had no money, which came as a surprise to me ..now I knew he had just paid the watchman 50 Ruppies which he had taken from the poor man a few months back and took them back with such devilish skills .. Wow he was good at it ;)

Any how the next day he again knocked my door and asked me if I had written his 4 minutes Speech, and when I told him I did not get time he was really mad at me.
He said " Now what do u think I will do ? I have to make this speech at the University tomorrow"
I replied " I never took the responsibility of writing any thing for you, I have been telling you how I am hardly getting any time to do my own work "
he said " So you could not even spare 4 minutes for me"
I said "It's not just 4 minutes, and cant you even do your Own home work "
he said " OK, at least give me an advice on the Sofas I Sketched"

When he spread the sheet he had drawn on, it looked as miserable as it could and I told him so. So he replied " would you Sketch this for me because I have to submit it tomorrow"
I replied back " Hey! Don’t you get it, I don’t have time to eat or do my own work and you are asking me to do a 3 hour Job for you ? If I had time I would have been spending it to do my work !!! "

" Ok, Then I will do it " he relied with a bad mood and left.

It had been 3 days now and there is no sign of him, and I am not also calling, Cuz I need friends not masters to slave me, But why does this always happen to me ?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was an interesting read, I would say rather funny. When I was in my university, I was the only guy in our group of 6 people and being the guy I was the one who always used to take care of every thing. We had different majors and I was the one who was only techinical and other were social sciences. I did so much for them and now two of those are in US and they dont wanna talk with me :-) . All lost but no regrets, They were wonderful friends, I just wish I could tell them once I still love them and they would always be my friends. Have fun my lil friend.

Irtifa Nasir said...

I guess this is the way some people always are... They expect a lot from their friends... They expect friends to be there when they need them... always... because they are friends... often they forget that this relationship if so, should work both ways. In one of my older blogs, I have mentioned a similar scenario... I have learned that the more you let them walk all over you, the more they will walk all over you... and a point will reach where the other person is so used to doing it, he/she would get offended if you dont let them do it again. Its like, you are taking away their rights from them. Its funny really. (Btw, I have stopped doing favors for people... you never know when the request for a favor turns into a demand for personal rights..)